Many of us would say that we brush our teeth to avoid cavities, have a sparkling white smile and fresh breath, which is true, but the risk of not brushing your teeth goes far beyond this. Poor dental hygiene can have serious impact on your health and lead to the spread of germs. BURST oral care’s Sonic toothbrush, which has been clinically proven to remove up to 10x more plaque than a manual toothbrush and is Chrissy Teigen’s secret behind her smile, is a quick and effective way to reduce bacteria and the spread of germs.
Besides cleaning out germs so much that it reduces bleeding gums up to 3x more than a manual toothbrush, the BURST electric toothbrush is perfect for travel since it has four weeks battery life out of each charge, so it’s great being on the go. In addition, it has:
- Charcoal Bristles: specially designed to remove surface stains. BURST has been clinically proven to provide up to 91% greater plaque removal vs a manual toothbrush
- 33,000 Sonic Vibrations Per Minute: With one of the most powerful motors on the market, BURST will give you the DEEPEST clean without damaging your gums. Versus a manual toothbrush, BURST reduces gum bleeding up to 3x more after just 15 days.*
- Quad-interval technology: Every 30 seconds you’ll feel a gentle vibration to remind you to move on to another part of your mouth. You’ll share the love with EVERY tooth! Clinically proven to provide better cleaning in hard-to-reach areas than a manual.*
- 25,000+ dental professionals: BURST was developed in conjunction with expert insight of dental professionals to be the best affordable electric toothbrush in the marketplace
FIVE WAYS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF GERMS (THAT YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T THINK OF!)
We know that hand washing, using sanitizer, masks and wipes help to reduce the spread of germs, but what else can we do (besides wrapping ourselves in plastic and refusing to leave the house)? Registered Hygienist, Charlotte Stirk from BURST Oral Care has listed her top five unusual tips to help you stay germ-free –
1. BRUSH YOUR TEETH Many of us would say that we brush our teeth to avoid cavities, have a sparkling white smile and fresh breath, which is true, but the risk of not brushing your teeth goes far beyond this. Poor dental hygiene can have serious impact on your health and lead to the spread of germs. BURST Oral Care’s Sonic toothbrush, which has been clinically proven to remove up to 10x more plaque than a manual toothbrush and is a quick and effective way to reduce bacteria and the spread of germs.
2. BE SOCIAL Yes, get out and talk to people! Research published by the American Psychological Association suggests that social isolation may increase stress, which slows the body’s immune response and puts you at risk of getting sick. However, remember to keep your hands off of your face after all the handshakes and high fives!
3. GET BOUJEE AND ORDER SOME OYSTERSOysters are said to be a great food to fight germs thanks to their high zinc content – the mineral responsible for white blood cell function, which fight bacteria and viruses. However, zinc can be reduced when you cook food, so if you’re getting the oysters, keep them cold and raw!
4. SAVE THE SMOOCHA 10-second kiss transfers as many as 80 million bacteria between you and your partner, so you want to make sure your mouth is as healthy as can be (as well as your partners, otherwise the cycle never ends!). Gums are important in a healthy mouth, they should be pink in colour and firm to the touch. If your gums are inflamed or bleeding after you brush, it probably means you have an infection and this can reduce your chance of fighting germs and viruses. Brushing alone only removes about 1/2 the plaque in your mouth that causes inflammation, so make sure to floss once daily to keep your mouth healthy. You can get a brand new floss from BURST that expands as you floss, for the best possible clean.
5. KICKING THE TOILET FLUSHFor those that have no choice but to use a public toilet, avoid touching the flush (not to mention hover over the toilet seat). This will keep nasty germs on the bottom of your shoes and off your hands. For those using auto flushing toilets, hold your breath, close your mouth, and run for the door. When the toilet is flushed, germs quickly settle over the area – including the toilet lid, door, floor and even the toilet paper holder, so it’s advisable to leave the cubicle immediately after you flush. Another tip is to grab the paper towel first, and if the soap and water aren’t motion activated, use that paper towel to open the door.
Brushing your teeth is almost automatic, but it is that almost that can get your teeth into trouble. To help make taking care of your teeth as easy and simple as possible, BURST is the answer. Get yourself a BURST and let them take care the rest and the only thing you have to do is turn on the button, start brushing and wait until it turns off.