A celebration of “The Seven Loves of The Peninsula Chicago” allows guests to rediscover the exceptional cuisine, activities, culture, and community in the city. Guests contribute to the love and support for Chicago, with a one-for-one meal donation program.
For nearly a century, The Peninsula Hotels has been more than a global leader in luxury hospitality; the hotels have also been cherished second homes for guests, employees, and the larger communities where they are located. As each hotel re-opens its doors, guests are extended a warm invitation to return to some of their favorite familiar experiences or explore new activities with the “We Meet Again” campaign.
The Peninsula is the ideal destination for restorative comfort and the creation of precious memories, and for enjoying special time with friends and family, a long-overdue holiday, or a celebration of missed milestones.
We Meet Again package:
The ‘We Meet Again’ package is an exclusive package available July 23, 2020 through the end of 2020. The package was created for guests who wish to embrace a truly authentic Chicago experience:
- Room rates starting at US$ 495 per night, plus tax for a Superior Room and US$ 846 per night, plus tax for an Executive Suite, including a second night or second room at 50% off the room rate
- American breakfast for two per room per night
- Complimentary overnight parking for one vehicle for one night
- US$ 50 hotel credit for use at hotel restaurants, bar and spa per stay
- The Peninsula Time of 24-hour flexible check-in and check-out
- Choice of one of “The Seven Loves of The Peninsula Chicago” activities per stay
- US$ 50 gift certificate to be used within six months toward a future experience
- A special welcome amenity
The Seven Loves of The Peninsula Chicago
A key pillar of the campaign is a collection of special experiences that celebrate “The Seven Loves of The Peninsula Hotels” – food and drink, art and culture, transportation, exploration, wellness, entertainment, and community – through which The Peninsula family excitedly anticipates a joyful reunion with the families of its guests.
To make reservations or for more information, please call direct at +1 (312) 573 6620, toll-free at +1 (866) 288 8889, visit the hotel website, or e-mail r[email protected]. Terms and conditions apply.
Community Meal Donation Program
The second pillar of the “We Meet Again” campaign is a charitable meal donation program to assist the most vulnerable during this time of crisis. As of July 23, 2020, for meals purchased at the hotel’s restaurants (Shanghai Terrace and The Lobby), The Peninsula Chicago will make a one-for-one meal donation to The Greater Chicago Food Depository, part of Feeding America national organization.
“Caring for our community has always been a priority at the heart of our hotel. Especially during these challenging times, we continue to express love and support for the people of Chicago who are most in need,” says Maria Zec, Regional Vice President and General Manager of The Peninsula Chicago. “The hotel recently celebrated our nineteenth anniversary and had the opportunity to look back on the many beautiful memories we have created together over the years. We have missed our guests and look forward to welcoming them back to make new memories and honor timeless traditions.”
The ‘We Meet Again’ package offers a special opportunity for our guests to connect with their loved ones, experience the best of Chicago, and give back to the community.
About The Peninsula Chicago
The Peninsula Chicago is a Five Star, Five Diamond hotel located on the “Magnificent Mile” at 108 East Superior Street (at Michigan Avenue), within the city’s premier shopping district. The 339-guest room hotel opened in 2001 and features three distinctive restaurants, Z Bar – a rooftop lounge, and a world-class spa. For information on The Peninsula Chicago, please visit www.peninsula.com/chicago or call +1 (312) 337 2888 or toll-free at +1 (866) 288 8889.
About Lakeview Pantry
Lakeview Pantry is Chicago’s largest food pantry, distributing 2.3 million meals to low-income residents throughout the city. Our mission is to eliminate hunger and poverty in our communities by providing food to fill the basic need of hungry people, empowering our clients to achieve independence through social service programming, and raising awareness of hunger and poverty.
About The Greater Chicago Food Depository
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is Chicago’s food bank. The organization provides food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in its community, and acts as the hub for more than 700 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other programs.
About Feeding America
The Feeding America network is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, working with individuals, charities, business and government to end hunger. The Feeding America network provides over 4.3 billion meals annually, helping 1 in 7 Americans facing hunger live more secure and stable lives.
About The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH)
Incorporated in 1866 and listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (00045), HSH is the holding company of a Group which is engaged in the ownership, development and management of prestigious hotel, commercial and residential properties in key locations in Asia, the United States and Europe, as well as the provision of tourism and leisure, club management and other services. The Peninsula Hotels portfolio comprises The Peninsula Hong Kong, The Peninsula Shanghai, The Peninsula Beijing, The Peninsula Tokyo, The Peninsula New York, The Peninsula Chicago, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Paris, The Peninsula Bangkok, and The Peninsula Manila. Projects under development include The Peninsula London, The Peninsula Istanbul and The Peninsula Yangon. The property portfolio of the Group includes The Repulse Bay Complex, The Peak Tower and St. John’s Building in Hong Kong; The Landmark in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; and 21 avenue Kléber in Paris, France. The clubs and services portfolio of the Group includes The Peak Tram in Hong Kong; Thai Country Club in Bangkok, Thailand; Quail Lodge & Golf Club in Carmel, California; Peninsula Clubs and Consultancy Services, Peninsula Merchandising, and Tai Pan Laundry in Hong Kong.
Appendix: The Seven Loves of The Peninsula Chicago
The “Seven Loves of The Peninsula Chicago” offers guests a wealth of options for savoring the pleasures of Chicago.
Love of Food: Shanghai Terrace Chef Demonstrates the Art of Making Dim Sum
• Guests are invited to observe and learn as the Shanghai Terrace chef makes a trio of the restaurant’s most popular Dim Sum.
• Following the demonstration, guests can participate in a tasting of the Dim Sum specialties.
Love of Art and Culture: Walking Tour of Chicago’s Renowned Art and Architecture
Chicago has a renowned reputation for architecture design and public art.
• This ‘love’ offers guests a digital curated walking tour of some of Chicago’s best-known architecture buildings as well as iconic public art and sculptures, accessible via the guest’s phone.
Love of Transportation: An Overview of The Peninsula Hotels Passion for Transportation
The Peninsula Hotels has long been known for unique and vast forms of transportation, including vintage Rolls Royce and Packard vehicles, MINI Cooper collections, helicopters, tuk tuk and yacht.
• Guests choosing this ‘love’ will experience a brief overview of The Peninsula Hotels’ fleet of vehicles and modes of transportation as well as a glimpse into The Peninsula Chicago’s collection.
Love of Exploration: A Family-Friendly Chicago Scavenger Hunt
With so much to discover in Chicago, this ‘love’ taps into unique attractions and little-known facts about the city.
• Guests will participate in a local Scavenger Hunt in the area surrounding the hotel, where they will answer questions to determine their next stop and experience fun discovery.
Love of Wellness: Experience Wellness with Retail Therapy at The Peninsula Spa
The Peninsula Spa offers a collection of exclusive spa and retail services and products, providing anti-aging and relaxation benefits.
• This ‘love’ offers guests a 20% discount off spa products plus fitness apparel and other merchandise.
Love of Entertainment: Craft Cocktail Experience at Z Bar
Z Bar at The Peninsula Chicago is known for well-crafted, globally inspired cocktails.
• Guests will learn how to make two of Z Bar’s signature drinks and the inspiration behind their creation.
• They will complete the experience with a tasting of these delicious creations.
Love of Community: Extending a Helping Hand
Supporting the communities in which we operate has been in The Peninsula Hotels’ DNA for more than 90 years.
• This ‘love’ provides guests with the opportunity to volunteer at Lakeview Pantry separating and organizing food donation and packing boxes for donations to needy families in the area.
The programs listed above are subject to availability and must be booked in advance in conjunction with The Peninsula Chicago’s We Meet Again package. For more information, visit peninsula.com/chicago.